Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Asinone Poliziano 2014

Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Asinone Poliziano 2014

This great red D.O.C.G., produced in the heart of Tuscany by one of the best companies in the region, is characterised by a strong, fine, elegant bouquet with a fruity hint and a note of sweet violets and cinnamon, a dry taste and noble tannins - REVIEW
SKU W734

Be the first to review this product

In stock


Add to Wishlist



TypeRed Wines
Wine zoneMontepulciano
Appellation or VineVino Nobile di Montepulciano D.O.C.G.
CompositionPrugnolo Gentile (80%), Canaiolo Nero (15%), Mammolo (5%)
Alcoholic Content13.5
Bottle typeBordolese
Content (cl)75
Glass typeBordeaux Grand Cru
This wine is the result of years of patient work and experimentation on the part of the company Poliziano into the quality of the grapes and their behaviour when aged in wood. This work has led to production at the "Asinore" vineyard reaching the highest possible standards of quality. Very attentive care during the wine-.making process and during the ageing in wood has led to the production of a great wine. 30% of the grapes are refined in oak barrels for two years, the remaining 70% in casks for eighteen months. After the period in barrels the wine is laid for at least eight months in bottles. It is a dark, grainy red colour, and has a strong, fine, elegant bouquet with a fruity hint and a note of sweet violets and cinnamon, a dry, enriched taste and noble tannins.

Click here to download the review by Seminario Veronelli

The producer

Dott. Federico Carletti's rural company is situated at Montepulciano Stazione, in the heart of the area with the same name. It is considered a point of reference for all the wine-makers in the region. The approximate 100 acres of vineyards owned by the company are situated in a particularly favourable position that varies between 280 and 440 meters above sea-level. Grapes of the very best quality for the production of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, and other great, traditional wines such as Vin Santo, are cultivated using a simple, older version of the Guyot system. Particular attention in paid not only to the grapevines, but also to the wine-making process and subsequent ageing, with full respect for older traditions, but also making use of the best of modern technology.

Best with

This is a significant wine to use on prestigious occasions. It is best with flavoursome second courses and full-flavoured cheeses. It is worth while experimenting with the combination of this wine and the dish, "Tegamaccio". This is a dish based on lake fish that is typical of the area between Tuscany and Umbria. The fish is particularly flavoursome and therefore suitable for this wine.

How to serve it

It is recommended to open the bottle two or three hours before serving. The wine should be served at 18 - 20 degrees centigrade. The best glasses to use are clear, transparent crystal goblets.

How to keep

If kept well, this wine can be aged for over fifteen years. The bottles should be laid horizontally in a cool, dark, humid wine-cellar.


Write Your Own Review

You're reviewing: Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Asinone Poliziano 2014

How do you rate this product? *

  1 star 2 stars 3 stars 4 stars 5 stars
Recommended Glass
Bordeaux Grand Cru