Pinot Nero Meczan Hofstätter 2016

This red wine, produced in the heart of Alto Adige by one of the best companies in the area, is distinguished by its unmistakable varietal character, its distinctive aroma and fruity character
SKU W957

Be the first to review this product

Out of stock

11.90


Add to Wishlist
Share

Description

Details

WineryHofstätter
BioNo
TypeRed Wines
RegionTrentino-Alto Adige
Wine zoneAlto Adige
Appellation or VinePinot Nero
CompositionPinot Nero 100%
Year2016
Alcoholic Content13
Bottle typeBorgognona
Content (cl)75
Glass typeBordeaux Grand Cru
This wine is obtained by a careful selection of Pinot Nero grapes. 75 percent of the bunches are de-stemmed, while the remaining 25 percent are placed whole in the fermentation vats. Fermentation lasts 10 days, during which the skins and other solids are constantly kept loose and submerged in the must. The Pinot Nero Meczan is distinguished by its unmistakable varietal character, its distinctive aroma and fruity character, by its bright ruby colour with garnet reflexes, and its fresh, stimulating bouquet with seductive hints of woodland berries and cherry. On the palate Meczan is harmonious, sappy and mellow with impressive fruit.

The producer

For a century, the name Hofstatter has been associated by connoisseurs with a producer of excellent wines in Alto Adige. It was Josef Hofstatter who laid the foundations on which the company has been built. He was actually a blacksmith, but he also produced home-made wine for his wife, Maria. Producing home-made wine was, in fact, quite common at the time. His love of wine came from these origins. It was not long before he abandoned his profession to dedicate himself with passion, talent and common sense to wine-making. And so, before long Josef Hofstatter wines became famous in Italy and abroad with a client base that gets larger year by year. After the death of Josef in 1942, the company passed on to his descendant Konrad Oberhofer and his wife, Luise. Konrad Oberhofer was perfectly aware of the potential of the family's vines. He was one of the first in Alto Adige to begin harvesting and making-wine separately, vine by vine, and to put these wines on the market, not as an anonymous product, but as wine with different denominations (the "Crus"). In 1959 Konrad's daughter, Sieglinde, married the wine-maker Paolo Foradori, whose family had been successfully dedicated to wine-making at Mazon near Egna for decades. With this marriage the best vineyards in Bassa Atesina were united. Termeno and Mazon therefore became the foundations on which, today more than ever, the company and the family stand. Management of the vineyards and the cellars has now been passed on to the fourth generation, Martin Foradori, whose young man's impulses and desire for innovation draw on nearly a century of experience.

Best with

Game dishes, roasts, pasta with meat sauces.

How to serve it

The wine should be served at 18 degrees centigrade in clear, transparent crystal goblets.

How to keep

If kept well, this wine has an average conservation period of seven to ten years. The bottles should be laid horizontally in a cool, dark, humid wine-cellar.

Reviews

Write Your Own Review

You're reviewing: Pinot Nero Meczan Hofstätter 2016

How do you rate this product? *

  1 star 2 stars 3 stars 4 stars 5 stars
Quality
Recommended Glass
Bordeaux Grand Cru
  Loading...